We do keep some parts of your personal information under the following circumstances:
- When purchasing classes we ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. For online purchase of classes, we do not receive your credit card information. We do keep the rest of the information for marketing future classes (i.e., name, email, phone, class selection and amount paid).
- When registering for the free online newsletter, we only keep your name, phone number and email address.
- When you participate in our Student Duplicate Game, we transmit the results of said game to the American Contract Bridge League (“ACBL”) as well as publishing the results of the game on our website. The information is retained by us as well. This includes, but is not limited to: Your name, ACBL membership number and masterpoints won.
- We also collect information if you make a gift purchase for a friend or second party so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is used for future marketing purposes.
- From time to time, we offer to publicize on our website personal milestones and achievements of our students. This is only done with the express permission of the student. We remove the information after a few weeks or upon request.
Is your information protected? Your personal information can only be viewed by your teachers. We keep all information confidential. When you purchase a class, we use a secure server. All credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use “cookies”? No.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties? We do not offer, in any way, your personal information to any outside parties.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
- Whenever you receive one of our free email newsletters, you can choose the option at the bottom of said newsletter to “opt-out” to remove yourself from the newsletter database. You would then no longer receive the newsletter. The only way to get back on the newsletter list is to rejoin through the website on the home page. We would not be able to accept requests to do this for you. You might receive at most a current email that was in production at the time of your opt-out, and the chances of that would be slim.
- If you wish to modify your purchase of a class, just email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party links: We usually don’t keep bridge books or bridge software for sale in class. However, we do put our recommendations of software that we feel is suitable on our website. When you click on the item(s) shown, you would be directed to a third party website. They may or may not have their own specific privacy policies and we are not responsible or liable for the content or activity of these other websites.