Here are the results for our annual bridge fundraising event for our local wounded veterans (MD, DC & VA)
FAQs About Our Student Game:
- Results of all games are sent to the ACBL at the end of every month, barring unforeseen problems.
- If you want to join the ACBL, please do so at any class or during the game. We appreciate that as we get recruitment credit in the form of special game awards that we use for our charity events during the year.
- You must be an active student in our classes in order to be eligible to play in our games. If you want to bring a guest, you must clear it through us in advance.
But first … take a look at these Do’s and Dont’s:
Things That Make Other Players Uncomfortable
At Our Bridge Game:
- Do NOT come to the game if you are sick, or even if you appear to be sick (allergies).
- Do not snap your cards as you play them.
- Do not touch anyone else’s cards. Ask them “May I see the card you just played?”
- Disagreeing on the result. “Down one.” “Down three!” First, do not smush your cards together until the Director is called for and is present at the table. With the cards still in the order they were played, it is very easy for him/her to determine the outcome,
- Do not talk about the deal you just finished until all your boards are finished. If you have extra time left, then you may quietly discuss it. Never remove two hands from a played board at the same time unless the Director is at the table. This is how cards “migrate” inappropriately to another hand.
- Do not talk about previous hands when arriving at a new table! Do it out in the hall!
- When about to call for the Director, courteously explain to your opponents casually what you are about to do. “I think we need to call the Director to see what we should do about this [revoke, lead out of turn, insufficient bids, etc.].”
- When you need to call for the Director, please raise your hand and say “Director, please!” with as much calmness as you can.
- If players come to your table that you don’t recognize, assume they are newcomers to the game. Do not rebuke them for fondling their bidding boxes, taking a long time to bid, taking a long time to do ANYTHING. If there’s a lead out of turn or a revoke, say out loud “Gee, I’m not sure what to do about that. Let’s call for the Director.” Do it courteously, calmly. These newcomers are very anxious playing in public for the first time. Introduce yourselves, tell them what a great job they are doing. Ask them to come back and see you if they have any questions. They need your encouragement the most of anyone there at the game. Help me to make sure they feel that love.
Thank you all for reading this!
Results of Recent Student Games:
Director: Charlie Williams
Wednesdays 12:30 – 3:00 PM: (All student levels welcome.)
Occasionally, this is a two section game. If you don’t see your name/scores, make sure you keep scrolling down the document until you do find it. Thanks!
July 10, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
July 17, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
July 24. 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
July 31, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
August 7. 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
August 14, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
August 21, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
August 28, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
September 4, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
September 11, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
September 18, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
September 25, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
October 2, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
October 9, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
October 16, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
October 23, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
October 30, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
November 6, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
November 13, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
November 20, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
December 4, 2019 Wednesday Game, One section
Congratulations to LILLY TRABUCCO who wins a play date with Leslie! Final Standings: 1.80 Lilly Trabucco: 1.52 Bill Seedyke; 1.41 Peter Monroe: 1.24 Asefe Rahnema; 1,24 Soudabeh Solhjoo; 1.23 Sondra Schoenfeld: 1.21 Catherine Copp: 1.06 Susan Dweck:
Congratulations to GUILLERMO RUEDA who by random draw wins a play date with Charlie! Thanks to all who participated.
ACBL Membership and Masterpoints
If you have already joined the ACBL, your points will be registered when we send our game files to the ACBL the first week of each month.
If you are not an ACBL member, your masterpoints won in this game will not be officially “registered” until you join. We will give you a paper receipt at the next game. If you are in fact a member and your membership number does not appear near your name in the game file, please email me your membership number so I can reflect that in the game file before it gets sent to ACBL at the beginning of next month.
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE ACBL: Please let Charlie and Leslie do the paperwork for you – join through us, in other words. We do not receive any monetary rebate, but they give us extra masterpoint game opportunities. We can have games that give away double masterpoints at no additional charge based on our new members. Please don’t forget!!